Friday, February 6, 2015

Let's Zentangle!

Good morning everyone and Happy Friday!

It's Alphabet Challenge time and today's letter is... Z for Zentangle!

Now, I have no idea how to Zentangle but I gave it a try anyway and here's my card...
I started by stamping the background with the Stampendous 'Dream Text' stamp & VersaMark ink and then dusted it with chalk. I used a couple different sizes of Sakura Micron pens to create the image... oh and a little help from a Flow Chart ruler :o) I used it to draw the outline of the flowers and leaves... then, I went back and added a few basic zentangle patterns. I have to admit, it was very fun and I even like how funky my hand-drawn butterflies turned out! Next, I colored the image with a couple of Sharpie markers... I didn't want to use my Copics on VersaMark ink... added the twine and button and it's done!

Now head on over to the main challenge blog to check out the rest of the DT
fabulous cards!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create- Anything Goes/Optional Twist: Use Some Doodling
Clear It Out- Anything Goes/ Stash: ruler, button & twine
Crafting By Designs- Anything Goes
 Fab 'n' Funky- Hearts and/or Flowers
Inspiration Destination- Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly- Anything Goes/optional extra is to use book print or newsprint
Simon Says Stamp Monday- H is for... Hand-drawn image
Sister Act CardAnything Goes
 Stampavie and More- Lots of flowers 
The Corrosive- Splash of Color

17 comments:

Pamellia said...

I'm not usually a fan of Zentangle, but this is fabulous Tammy. Just the right amount and a great pattern too! hugs :)

Always with a Sentiment said...

WOW Tammy, this is beautiful. What a super design and lovely images. You are so talented and very creative.
Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xxx

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Wonderful card! I love the hand drawn images! I am a HUGE fan of Zentangling; it is so relaxing, and always comes out beutiful no matter what!

*Vicki* said...

Tammy, I think you did an awesome job with your zentangle tech!!! The flowers over the printed paper look amazing!! :)

jimlynn said...

Tammy, this is COOL looking!!! Love the way you stamped the image on patterned paper and the zentangle is great! I've never tried that and really like the look. Great card.
Lynn

Sue B said...

Oh Wowzer!! how I love this card Tammy… the colours are gorgeous and those patterns look awesome… ooh now I want to have a go at this! it's SO cool !
Hope you have a wonderful weekend ;-)
Big hugs, Sue B xx

Marina said...

Love these cute and zany flowers.

Joanne said...

LOL Tammy! I never heard the word Zentangle before. I even looked it up in the dictionary - no luck! I get the idea though from the cards done by your DT.. I love yours, super colors and design! I also enjoyed looking at your past projects since my last visit - all stunners! Hugs, Joanne

Anne H. said...

Such a sweet card!
Thanks for joining us at Stampavie and More.
Anne

Davi said...

Oh my Tammy you did a fabulous job on the Zentagles!! I love love this, it is quirky and yet has a bit of vintage all rolled up together!! EXCELLENT my friend!!! HOpe you have a super weekend.

Chana Malkah said...

Tammy, this is such a fun design! I love your choice of a background stamp and the colors are wonderful! Very creative, frssh, fun, and very nicely executed! Thanks for slipping this under our door here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Debby Kuster said...

Hey Tammy

thank you for sharing your superb creation with us at FNF

love the flowers you made on your card. hope to see you bach real soon for one of our next challenges

hugs Debby

Debora said...

Fabulous card! I love the zentanging you did on it! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog! Hugs!

Pia S said...

This is so different from your usual style! I'm really impressed by how you solved the zentangle challenge, your own made image looks fantastic and I like the stamped background as well. Nice job!!

Sandra said...

So cool! Love your zentangle flowers! They're amazing! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Jennifer's Vintage Paperie said...

This is so perfect! I love the way you filled in the flowers. Amazing!

Becca Cruger said...

Now what on earth is a zentagle.... Good thing I have google. :) But what I already know is how lovely and unique this card is! Love the color combo you've used!